Almost Sugar Free Apple Pie
Unlike berries which can be tart, apples really don't need anything extra. This easy to make apple pie cuts out most of the sugar but none of the delicious flavor.
- 3 Yellow Delicious apples, sliced thinly
- 3 red, sweet apples, sliced thinly
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or other sweetener
- 2-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-ounce frozen apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 to 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1 pie crust (for top only)
- Put all ingredients, except margarine and crust, into a saucepan and cook on medium-high for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into an empty pie tin. Dot with margarine.
- Cover top with pie crust in any shape or decoration you want. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes until nicely browned.