Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Looking for great smoothie recipes? Here's a blended drink for fall or winter. It's a delightful change-of-pace fruit beverage to make when summer fruit is out of season.
- 1 ripe banana, broken into several pieces
- 2 medium soft apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely diced
- 6 or 8 ounces vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider, or other juice of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed.
- Or place in a container and process with an immersion blender.
- Serve at once in tall glasses.
Adapted from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas. For more recipes and kitchen tips, visit Nava at In a Vegetarian Kitchen.