Baked Potato Latkes
Baked latkes tend to be undercooked or iyou often don't get that crispiness of latkes fried in a pan. Our recipe has a little secret that will give you perfectly cooked and crispy latkes, every time. We also add in tofu for protein and minimal oil use so it's a much healther version!
If you want a more elegant presentation you can bake these in a muffin pan. This gives a consistent size and you can then stack them on top of each other and top with a beautiful garnish.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 pound tofu, drained well
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coarsely chop half of the potatoes.
- Place the chopped potatoes, tofu, onion, and garlic into a food processor and process until well mixed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Shred the remaining potatoes, discard excess liquid, and add the shredded potatoes and remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Spray your baking sheet with baking spray (or a brush of oil of your choice)
- Spoon the mixture, 1/4 cup per pancake, onto the baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the pancakes with a pancake turner to make them thin (being thinner makes them crispier)
- Bake for about 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with applesauce and soy sour cream. Serves 6-8