Better Than Good String Bean Salad
Fresh, light and yummy string bean salad with a delicious dressing of tofu, olive oil and garlic. Topped with almonds or you choice of nuts. Not to mention this recipe is super easy.
- 2 lbs. ripe tomatoes
- 1 lb. frozen string beans, thawed
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen thawed kernel corn
- 2 Tablespoons toasted slivered almonds (or toasted slivered almonds or other nut)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 ounces tofu, drained
- salt to taste
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Slice tomatoes and cut string beans. Mix with scallions and corn in a serving bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the salad and toss. Sprinkle the almonds on top and serve.