Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
Pancakes can be a nice "breakfast for dinner" especially in the heat of summer. Enjoy healthy pancake recipe.
- 1/2 cup whole grain buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice into the soy milk and let it sit a few minutes to thicken up. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Once the soy milk has thickened up, give it a stir and pour a small amount of it into a dish and whisk in a slightly heaping teaspoon of egg replacer powder. Stir the remaining wet ingredients into the soy milk mixture and pour over dry ingredients. Mix batter until ingredients are just combined. Lumps are fine. At this point you can either gently fold in blueberries (if using frozen berries, don't bother to thaw them) or sprinkle the blueberries over the pancake batter after you pour it into the skillet (they'll sink into the batter).
- Cook pancakes in a lightly oiled and preheated non-stick skillet. I use a 1/3 cup measure to pour the batter into the skillet and end up with a total of six pancakes everytime. Serve pancakes with maple syrup.