Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake
The yummiest baked cheesecake made with tofu, cocoa, and coconut! A great after dinner dessert with a glass of milk. It hits the spot!
- 1 packet vegan graham crackers/biscuits depending on what country you live in.
- 1 cup melted vegan margarine
- 2 cups firm tofu
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa power
- 1/2 block solid desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360°F/195.
- Crush the crackers into fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Melt the margarine and add to the crackers.
- Press the mixture into an 8-inch cake tin and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a food processor, mix the tofu, banana, oil, sugar and cocoa.
- Add the hot water to the coconut block and stir until dissolved. Add this to the mixture and process again.
- Pour onto the base (don't worry, it will get solid when it bakes).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips onto the top. Or, save the chocolate chips and melt them later to use as decoration over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check that the top is solid and that if you insert a knife it comes out clean.
Desiccated coconut blocks are readily available in Asian supermarkets.