Crunchy Cucumber Pasta with and Spicy Peanut Sauce
Using whole wheat pasta adds to the nutritional value of this refreshing and colorful dish. Serve it with a rich, vegetable bean soup for a complete meal.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 20 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup red peppers, thinly sliced and 1 inch in length
- salt and pepper to taste
- n a blender combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar and hot water until smooth. In a pot of boiling salted water, boil the pasta until just tender; transfer to colander and rinse briefly under cold water. Drain the pasta noodles well.
- In a large bowl toss the noodles with the peanut sauce, cucumbers, scallions, and red peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- Makes 8 servings