Crunchy Quinoa Salad
Healthy and filling, this salad provides all the needed amino acids for a complete protein - thanks to quinoa!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. diced onion
- 1 tsp. grated raw ginger
- 1 Tbsp. julienned mint
- 1 Tbsp. chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine quinoa, water or broth, salt, and turmeric in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the quinoa begins to soften, about 15 minutes. There will still be liquid in the pot.
- Strain quinoa in a mesh strainer, then place in a bowl. Squeeze lemon and lime over the quinoa and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa and toss. Serves one.