Flax Seed Crackers
These raw flax seed crackers - made from five raw foods plus spices - are oh so good, and good for you! For the less raw folks, you may lightly bake these until crisp.
- 2 cups flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt (optional)
- Grind the flax seed in blender (Vita-Mix blender is best).
- Place flax seed meal in a large bowl. Place remaining ingredients into the blender and blend well.
- Mix all ingredients together and make a ball of dough. Cover with a towel and let sit in a warm area overnight to ferment slightly.
- Spread dough onto non-stick dehydrating sheets. Score into squares.
- Dehydrate until just dry, or longer for crispy crackers that will keep 1-2 months.
If you don't have a dehydrator you can bake these in an oven on very low heat until dry and crispy.