Garbanzo Bean Stir Fry
A chickpeas/garbanzo beans recipe that packed with nutrients. A vegetarian or meat lovers meal.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Spike seasoning (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables of your choice (I like broccoli and zucchini)
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese of your choice
- cooked rice (suggested: organic short grain brown rice)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Put garlic, basil, cayenne and Spike in a frying pan and cover with water and lemon juice. Cook on low until water is almost evaporated.
- Add garbanzo beans and vegetables. Cook on medium about 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Take off heat, stir in cheese and cover tightly to let flavors come together and cheese melt, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice, salt and pepper to taste.