Ginger Tofu Stir Fry with Snow Peas
This unusual stir-fry is rich in fiber and vitamins. Not to mention it is very tasty and packed with so much flavor.
- 1 block of firm tofu, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Coat frying pan with oil. Add sesame seeds, chopped garlic, and tofu strips to pan. Saute for two minutes. Add red pepper, onion, ginger, and mushrooms. Saute for 1 minute more. Add soy sauce, pineapple, red pepper flakes, and snow peas. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Uncover and stir to cover tofu and vegetables with sauce.
- Serves 4