Herb and Onion Couscous
Try this great twist on couscous that everyone will be asking for! Taste great and it also includes a delicious sauce. Dont miss out!
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchini)
- 2 large handfuls flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 large handfuls coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 package couscous, prepared
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut both onions into 8 pieces and place in baking tray with olive oil. Bake at gas mark 7 or 170°C (350°F), for 40 minutes or until roasted and dark in color. (Roasted onions with slightly charred edges not only look good but add an extra dimension to the flavor of the dish.)
- Cut courgettes (zucchini) into long thin strips and fry until dark brown ridges appear on the flesh. Set aside.
- Combine artichokes, couscous, roasted onions and herbs in a large bowl and mix together. Add dressing to taste and serve.
When griddle frying, always oil the food and not the pan.
Artichoke hearts can be bought in jars at most local supermarkets and delicatessens. They are usually marinated in oil.