Iced Chai Latte
This is very refreshing, creamy, and not too sweet. An interesting variation on traditional chai!
- 1 cup water
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags (a good strong, aromatic one)
- 1 3" stick of cinnamon
- 6 cardamom pods
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 cups soy milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- ice cubes
- In a small stainless steel pot, simmer the water, tea bags and spices for 10 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cocoa, sugar and soy or almond milk together (if you heat it a little in the microwave, the cocoa will mix in better). Add this to the tea mixture after it has simmered 10 minutes, and then simmer on low 10 minutes more.
- Strain through a sieve and chill the mixture.
- Serve in two tall glasses over ice cubes.