Lentils & Spinach
Have you ever met a lentil you didn't love? Probably not. This is a lovely way to eat them, and very easy to make.
- 1 bunch spinach, washed, drained and chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 cup chili peppers chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté crushed garlic, ginger & peppers for one minute.
- Add chopped spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils, salt to taste and lemon juice. Cook and stir about 30 seconds
- Serve on a bed of rice.