Nut and Potato Bake
This nut roast recipe is an easy to make vegan classic. Perfect for Christmas, this special vegan nut roast is full of earthy flavor and creaminess.
- 1 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, ground
- 2 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 3 scallions, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup soy milk (plain)
- Grind the sunflower seeds and finely chop the scallions and the celery.
- Combine these ingredients with the mashed potatoes, the garlic powder and the salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the olive oil, add the milk and combine well, avoiding lumps.
- Mix with the sunflower seed and potato mixture.
- Place the mixture into an oiled baking dish and bake at 350º F for about 30 minutes.
Serve plain or with a favorite sauce or gravy.