Open-Faced California Club Sandwich
Easy and healthy; you are going to love these open faced avocado sandwiches! With a couple of veggie options this sandwich will hit the spot
- 4 slices toasted whole-grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 bunch of lettuce or spinach
- Goddess salad dressing, or other creamy vegan dressing
- sprouts, optional
- Place two pieces of the toasted bread on each plate.
- Slice open the avocado, and use a fork to scoop out the avocado and mash it onto each piece of toast.
- Add lettuce or spinach (and sprouts, if desired) on top of the avocado.
- Slice the tomato and place two slices on top of the avocado and lettuce/spinach/sprouts on each piece of toast.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top of each piece of toast.
Eat the open-faced sandwich with a fork and "steak" knife. (Cut the sandwich into bite-sized pieces for kids who can't handle their own knife and fork.)
Ingredients list above serves two people, with two open-faced sandwich per person.