Pasta With Tofu
If you have someone who isn't a fan of chewing their tofu, this is a great way to incorporate it in a dish. Mashed tofu and pasta are a great mix. With its delicious and creamy taste, this wont be the last time you make it!
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained and mashed
- 1/2-1 cup frozen chopped spinach, cooked as directed by package(drain well)
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. tumeric (color)
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley (or 1/4 cup fresh,chopped)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan parmasean cheese( I use the Parmasano from the "Uncheese Cookbook")
- 2-3 Tbsp vegan margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of nuts (optional)
- 1lb pasta of choice -cooked al dente (shapes such as penne etc. work best)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. heat the margarine in a large pan over med heat. Cook ingredients for a few minutes, until everything is incorporated well. Mix cooked ingredients with pasta in a large bowl.