Perfectly Pleasing Potato Salad
I've talked about my love for potatoes so many times and this recipe is just another example of how I've made my favorite dishes healthy. I came up with this recipe and it was a huge hit!
- 18 - 20 small Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, minced
- salt, to taste
- Steam potatoes in a large pot for 10 minutes or until tender.
- While potatoes are steaming, remove ends of green beans and cut into smaller pieces.
- Add green beans to the steamer after potatoes are tender, steaming for 2 more minutes.
- Place potatoes and green beans in a colander and rinse with very cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Once cool, place potatoes, beans, and remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Dig in!
You can also use fingerling potatoes for this recipe and if red onions aren't your things, leave them out! The fresh tarragon really adds a ton of flavor to this dish so don't skip it.
By Cynthia Pasquella, Author of The PINK Method Diet and The Hungry Hottie Cookbook