This protein pudding is great for babies and children providing protein, omega 3 fatty acid, plus carrots and beets, all sweetened with rich molasses. But adults love it too!
- 1 medium to large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 oz. plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup cooked beets
- 2-3 tablespoons beet juice (add as needed for easy blending)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg and/or allspice
- Boil the sweet potato and carrots together until soft; drain.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until creamy.
- Pour and serve warm, or refrigerate for a cold pudding.
You may want to double the molasses and/or add nutmeg & allspice for a more vibrant taste. For soup, the texture should be creamy and viscous, but thinner than pudding. Serve warm or cold, depending on the use.