Roasted Garlic Hummus
Skip the store-bought spreads and whip up creamy homemade Roasted Garlic Hummus with this simple recipe
- 3 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- generous amount roasted garlic (5 cloves to a half head)
- cumin to taste
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame tahini (can use more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon good olive oil (can use more if desired)
- First roast your garlic (very important). This recipe will not taste the same if you skip this step. Roasting the garlic gives this hummus a nice mellow yet rich flavor. To do this, wrap garlic head in foil, then place in 350 degree oven (or toaster oven) for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until desired smoothness. Add more liquid if desired.
This is a very basic recipe. I play around with it a lot. Be creative, have fun, and enjoy!