Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
I made this on a "empty the pantry day" when I had just a few ingredients and wanted something different. Everyone loved it!
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups of chopped fresh spinach or one 10 ounce package frozen spinach
- 1 cup vegan cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush a baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
- Slice the tops off of the tomatoes. Remove pulp and seeds. Remove seeds from pulp and discard.
- In a bowl combine the pulp, spinach, cheeses, and bread crumbs.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each tomato and place in the baking dish. Cover with foil without sealing and bake until set, about 20-30 minutes. Uncover and brown the tops.
By Cynthia Mosher