Spring Onion And Herb Risotto
Making a risotto may seem hard, but this recipe has great step by step instructions. Its all worth the effort for this delicious dish.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 spring onions, washed, trimmed and diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white grape juice or water
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, washed, dried well, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf Italian parsley, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in sauce pan. Add spring onions and sauté approx 3 - 4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute stirring constantly to prevent the garlic from browning too much.
- Add rice and gently stir into the oil and onion mixture for approx 1 minute being sure that all rice kernels are coated with oil. Add wine and simmer very gently until all of wine has been absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of stock or water and bring to a light simmer. Stir only once to make sure rice is not stuck to the bottom. When stock has been absorbed add another cup. Repeat this process until all stock has been used. Test rice; if it is still slightly firm add a little more stock or water.
- Add herbs when there is approx 3 minutes left in the cooking process. Remove the pan from the heat and fold in cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serves 4
Sebastians Café and Catering. For more information on Sebastians, please visit www.sebastians.com