Tasty Veggie Tacos
Tacos are a staple in our home. Not for my little one but for my big one - my husband. Maybe it was the time he spent living in Mexico City? I'm not sure, but he can seriously demolish a plate of tacos. Luckily for him, I have a few healthy tricks up my sleeve and created this recipe. It's quick, easy, and your kids (big and small) will love it!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 green onion, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place walnuts into a food processor until finely chopped.
- Place chopped walnuts into a bowl with garlic, green onion, lemon juice, liquid aminos, and cumin. Mix together well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a scoop of the taco filling on a lettuce leaf and top with tomatoes.
- Roll up and enjoy!
You can substitute almonds or cashews for walnuts but it will affect the savory flavor a bit. Try coconut aminos or a raw, gluten-free soy sauce if you can't find Bragg's liquid aminos. You can also wrap these tacos in cabbage, kale or any other green leafy vegetable. Finally, feel free to top with your favorite veggies. Go wild! Shred carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, onions, and cabbage and place on top for more crunch and nutrients.
By Cynthia Pasquella, Author of The PINK Method Diet and The Hungry Hottie Cookbook