Turkish Sumac Salad
The most popular Turkish traditional salad made of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and onions rubbed with sumac. Dont be hesitant to try sumac, it has a fruity, astringent taste that works wonders with this salad.
- 1 large continental cucumber, diced small
- 4-6 tomatoes, diced small
- 1 Spanish red onion, diced small
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced finely
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- The key to this salad is to have all ingredients diced quite small. Mix together and sprinkle with the sumac.
- Finally, dress with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Sumac has a pleasantly fruity, astringent taste and is available from Middle Eastern and some Asian grocers. Check the internet for suppliers.