The classic vanilla cake in a non-dairy version. Its still fluffy and moist and oh so delicious.
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sunflower or other light oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups sifted flour (I sift twice for a springy cake)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat over to 350 deg F. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together last four ingredients in another bowl and sift together well.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid and mix well with either an electric mixer or by hand till all lumps are gone. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9x2 baking pan coated with vegetable oil spray, or cupcake tins (fill 2/3 full). Do not bang air bubbles out of this cake.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean, the cake springs back, and tops are slightly golden.
- Frost with your favorite icing.