For those days, when you have a little more time, try out this recipe for a delicious vegan munster cheese. Definitely worth the try.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp agar agar
- 3/4 of 1/2 cup cashew butter (bought or home-made)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame tahini
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- caraway seeds
- Lightly oil a 3-cups plastic storage container, and sprinkle paprika over the sides and bottom until lightly coated. Set aside. Combine the water and agar agar and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a blender and add the remaining ingredients (unless the caraway seeds). Process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender jar as necessary. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Pour into the prepared container and cool uncovered in the refrigerator. When completely cool, cover and chill several hours or overnight. To serve, turn out of the container and slice. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. Will keep 5 to 7 days.
This recipe, from Virginie was inspired by The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook, by Joanne Stepaniak.