Vegan Thai-style Curry
This Vegetarian Thai Yellow Curry is authentic, homemade vegan Thai food at its best! This dish has a great amount of spices that hi the spot. Serve with brown rice or noodles. You could add wasabi it's such a great flavour for the paste and it's green.
- 2 onions
- handful of basil, fresh
- handful of coriander, fresh
- 2 dessertspoons (4 teaspoons) fresh grated ginger
- 1 chili or 2 if you like pepper
- vegan oyster sauce
- 1 dessertspoon (2 teaspoons) of Wasabi (optional)
- 1 stick of lemon grass, chopped finely
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- sea salt
- black pepper
- juice of 1 small lime
- ½ package vegan chicken style pieces
- Oil for cooking, try cold pressed rice bran oil or olive
- 1 teaspoon of dried Thai spices
- Thai style fresh stir fry vegetables
- 1 Tin of coconut milk
- 1 dessertspoon fresh kaffir lime leaves
- teaspoon fresh capers
- 3 bay leaves
- fresh coriander
- fresh spring onions
- fresh basil
- brown rice or noodles, prepared
- Put the first 12 ingredients into a blender or food processor, and blend into a smooth paste.
- Cook the vegan chicken pieces in oiled pan for 5 minutes and sprinkle the Thai spice on top. Stir constantly.
- Add the fresh stir fry vegetables. After two minutes, lower the heat and continue stirring.
- Add the paste from the processor and turn up the heat after 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, lime leaves, capers and bay leaves.
- Garnish the curry in the pan with fresh coriander, spring onion and basil.