White Bean Paste Toasts with Roasted Red Peppers
Tired of the same old appetizers? These bite-sized toasts come together easily, with a pureed white bean spread and freshly roasted red peppers. Your guests will be asking for this recipe.
- 2 cans white (Northern) beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Southwestern or Cajun seasoning to taste (optional)
- Several strips of roasted red peppers
- Italian bread or baguette
- In blender, mix beans, water, garlic, salt and seasoning (optional).
- Cut bread into small slices and toast.
- Spread paste over toasts and top each with a strip of roasted red pepper.
Is also good served warm over bed of rice.