Zucchini Carrot Bread
This sweet loaf makes an equally good impression as a light, healthy snack or a sensible dessert.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- egg replacer (to equal 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar, and vanilla, and mix.
- Stir in the zucchini, carrot, raisins, and nuts and mix together gently until "just mixed."
- Add a little water if the dough seems too dry.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Reprinted with permission from How It All Vegan by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer www.govegan.net The addition of carrot is a VegFamily twist. 🙂