Aubergine and Leek Lasagna
This wonderful aubergine lasagne bake keeps it simple with a few intensely delicious flavours
- 8 wheat lasagna sheets
- 1 large aubergine
- 3 medium leeks
- One large sized red pepper
- Olive oil, as required
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (alternatively nutmeg can used) ?
- 1 cup soy milk (may need more to thin sauce)
- Slice the red pepper and lightly roast in a little oil - remove when browning.
- To make the "cheese" sauce, put three tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat over a low heat. When starts to bubble add flour and mustard (or nutmeg), mix well to form a paste like consistency. Add a little more oil if needed. Then add soya milk slowly a bit at a time, stirring constantly. Cook over a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce is smooth and creamy. If sauce becomes too thick add a little extra soya milk. It is better sauce is too thick than too thin as more soya milk can always be added when cool.
- Thinly slice the leeks and lightly fry them in oil for about 5 minutes. Slice the aubergine. Then in an ovenproof dish layer the aubergine, leeks, a little sauce, the lasagna sheets and finally full layer of sauce. Repeat as desired for the dish but usually twice. Make sure the top sauce layer is nice and thick. For added crunch try a thin layer of golden breadcrumbs on top. Cook in the oven at 1900C for about 30 minutes or until lasagna sheets are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and some boiled potatoes. If you have left over fried leeks, try adding some mushrooms and garlic and lightly frying together to serve on the side.
By Heloise Wright
Heloise and John are the owners of HJH Publishing and co-authors of The Fountain of Youth. Together they Work in Health and Safety and the Healing Arts implementing positive life changes, helping thousands of people worldwide.?http://www.hjhpublishing.com. Article Source: