This smoothie was created by a VegFamily dad and named for his little boy, to help support his B12 intake and absorption. The sweet potatoes, beets, and pumpkin seeds all serve this function.
- 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- 5/8 cup plain soy milk
- 1/8 cup plain rice milk
- 1 scoop powdered soy protein isolate
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 4 Tablespoons Power Pudding (recipe here)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- 2-3 ice cubes, if desired
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, optional
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (blend until ground fine), optional
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil, optional
- Combine all ingredients except molasses and ice, and blend until smooth.
- Blend in molasses.
- Add ice, and blend on high until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour and serve.