Pimento Cashew Cheese
Cashews, seasonings, lemon juice, and a tad of pimento are whirled together to make the most wonderful cheese spread in less than 10 minutes. Serve with crackers or raw veggies for a wonderful appetizer.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pimentos (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in your vitamix or a really good blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy.
You cna leave the pimento out for plain cheese or you can substitute with olives or spinach for variety.