Chewy Granola Bars
These granola bars are perfectly chewy and nutritious and great for lunch boxes, breakfast on the run or just with a cup of coffee.
- 1 cup brown sugar (I mix unsulphered molasses with turbinado sugar to get brown sugar)
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup melted vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (toasting them first really adds a nutty flavor)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Then add remaining ingredients and stir in well.
- Press into a greased Texas sheet pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 F.
- Cut while still warm, then let cool before serving