The first time I tasted this, I was convinced it was the best food on the planet. Try out this amazing recipe! It will win you over.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup milk product
- 1 cup Italian seasoned gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- Dip the eggplant slices in milk product, then coat with bread crumbs. Use non-stick spray with a bit of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the eggplant on each side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Sprinkle a thin layer of vegan cheese onto each slice of eggplant. Roll up tightly, and place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the rolls, and top with more cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
By Dawn Grey, PhD, CHHP, author of The Virtuous Vegan - Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Cuisine
Dawn Grey, PhD, is a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and owner of the Aruna Center of Lawrence, Kansas. After discovering her lifelong health issues were the results of dairy, egg, and wheat sensitivities in 2001, she changed her diet and the scope of her consultation business to help others identify and manage their own sensitivities. Now, nine years later, she is healthier, leaner, and happier than ever before.
In addition to this book, Dawn is the author of New Dawn Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Easily Sugar-Free Desserts. Visit www.newdawnkitchen.com for some pictures of featured recipes in this book, as well as her Facebook pages, the Virtuous Vegan and Dawn Grey's New Dawn Kitchen.