Luncheon Beans and Rice
Very good meal and very filling! Easy to prepare but packed with flavor. Its a family favorite!
- 1 boil-in-a-bag brown rice
- 1/2 chopped tomato
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 small can either black beans or red kidney beans
- chopped black olives
- basil, fresh if available
- 1 Tablespoon virgin olive oil
- soy parmesan "cheese" or diced soy "cheddar cheese," optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Fluff with fork and add beans.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.