Pineapple Fried Rice
A tropical version of fried rice using tofu, pineapple, and coconut. Light, tasty, and easy. Serve with hot sauce or extra soy sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut or walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package tofu, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- Open can of crushed pineapple and drain juice into a cup.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the liquid from the can of crushed pineapple with 3 cups water, bring to a boil. Add rice. Bring mixture to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a non-stick wok heat the 1 tablespoon walnut or peanut oil. Heat the sesame oil and stir fry the tofu with the mushrooms, soy sauce, green onions, and carrots for about 4 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and pineapple. Cook until everything is heated through.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with coconut.
- Makes 8 servings