Protein Fruit Smoothie
We like to make this smoothie on mornings that require a little help waking up. It has a secret little caffeine ingredient, gives you the energy you need and is filled with nutritious ingredients to make sure you are getting a good breakfast!
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen of fresh (or substitute in another cup of strawberries)
- 1/2 medium banana (if using 2 cups strawberrries, use more banana)
- 1 cup plain nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- Contents of 1 green tea bag (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons vegan protein powder (hemp is recommended)
- Put the fruit into your Vitamix or high speed blender and puree.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Note: We recommend hemp protein powder. Hemp contains digestible protein, fiber, Omega-3, Omega-6, all 10 Essential Amino Acids, Vitamins E, C, and B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Iron. It is by far the best thing you can put into your body! Go as organic as possible! Hemp is almost always organic.
If it is not sweet enough for your liking, you can add more banana or a bit of agave nectar.