Vegan Enchilada Casserole
Heres an easy recipe you can throw together and pop in a crockpot overnight and have a delicious lunch!
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chunky salsa
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/4-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- l/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1 2 1/4-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, beans, corn, green chiles, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix well. Ladle about 1 cup of this mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker; spread evenly. Top with one half of the tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary. Spread on 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture. Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture, spread evenly over the top. Sprinkle the sliced olives over all.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 5 hours.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 8 servings
This is a crockpot dish but it can be made just as easily as a slowly baked oven dish.