Quinoa Cooking Tips
Q How do you cook quinoa?
A Here are six steps to follow to make the perfect quinoa:
- Use 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/4-1/2 cup of water. For best results, carefully rinse the quinoa, then in a cast-iron skillet dry roast until you smell a nutty aroma, about seven minutes.
- In a small wide-mouth pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa, turn the flame down to a low simmer and place the lid on the pot.
- In about 25 minutes the quinoa will be cooked perfectly.
- Take a fork and fluff it while removing it from the pot into a bowl.
- Very important not to over fluff the grain. Leave it alone and let it cool.