Popsicle Picture Frames
You can make lots of things out of Popsicle sticks, also called craft sticks. You can get a whole box of them at a craft store, or recycle them from frozen treats.
These frames make great presents for grandparents, parents, teachers and everyone else, too!
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- Paint or markers
- Stickers, glitter, buttons, beads or other embellishments
- A picture – it can be a photo, a drawing or something cut out of a magazine
- Decorate the sticks with the paint and/or markers, or leave them as plain wood.
- Glue the sticks into a square to make a frame. Let it dry.
- Add glitter, stickers or write a message on the sticks.
- Glue the frame onto the picture.
- Trim any extra picture with the scissors.
- Glue a loop of ribbon, string or yarn to the back of the frame if you want to hang it.
- Glue a magnet onto the back of the frame and use it on the refrigerator or any other metal surface.
- Instead of a picture you could frame your favorite saying, words to a song or even a poem.
- Use more or less than 4 sticks and make other shapes.
- Use sticks you find outside.
- Recycle old holiday cards to make great ornaments.