- 2 cups of flour (any kind will work)
- 1 cup of salt
- ½ cup of water
- A spoon for mixing
- Mix the flour and the salt together in a bowl.
- Slowly add the water and stir.
- Add a little more water if it looks too crumbly.
- Then get your hands in the bowl and knead the mixture into smooth clay.
You can also:
- Sculpt the clay into your very own masterpiece.
- Roll out the clay with a rolling pin or just press it flat with your hands, then use cookie cutters to make letters or shapes.
- Press the clay into cookie molds or fun-shaped muffin pans.
- Make handprints or footprints.
The clay will dry in about a day or two, then you can paint it or use markers, glue, glitter or anything else!
You can speed up the drying by leaving your project out in the sun, or by getting a grown-up to put it in the oven or toaster-oven for you.
You can store the unused clay in an airtight container for next time.
- Make jewelry by gluing a pin on the back
- Make your own playing pieces for board games
- Make a plaque to hang on your wall
- Make your own refrigerator magnets by gluing a magnet on the back
- Dress up a plain box by gluing your creations to it