Your kids will love playing with the leaves and this is a great way to show your gratitude for the year.
- A leaf or leaves
- Crayons, colored pencils or markers
- Cut a bare tree shape (just the branches with no leaves). Brown grocery bag paper works great for this part of the tree.
- Tape it to a wall or door
- Trace the leaf or leaves onto paper in fall colors (or white paper that you then color with crayons). Make a lot of paper leaves. (alternatively you can get realistic leaf cutouts here)
- Give each guest or member of the family a leaf (or two or three)
- Everyone writes something for which they are thankful on their leaf. They can sign their name, too.
- Each person reads their leaf to the group and then sticks it to the tree.