Mock “Chicken” Salad
This mock chicken salad recipe is great to keep around for a quick, filling and nutritious lunch or even a weeknight dinner. Great as a sandwich filling or stuffed inside a fresh tomato on a bed of lettuce.
- 2 cups TVP
- 1-3/4 cups hot vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 box silken tofu, firm
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- In a mixing bowl, pour Bragg's and hot broth over TVP to rehydrate.
- Cream tofu in blender with vinegar and mustard.
- Mix tofu, TVP, onions, and relish together. Add more vinegar, if needed. Chill well.