Almond Crumb Topping
You can never have too many variations of crumb toppings. This one is developed originally for an apple pie, but the wonderful almond scent great taste works well with many different pies.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 175 mL
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar 150 mL
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted 50 mL
- 1 tsp pure almond extract 5 mL
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds 75 mL
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add butter and almond extract, stirring until incorporated. Using your fingertips, finish working butter into flour mixture, squeezing until a nice crumbly mixture forms.
- Stir in almonds. Sprinkle topping over prepared pie, crisp or crumble according to recipe.
- Makes 2 cups, enough for one 8-inch crisp or crumble, or one 9-inch pie
Submitted by Julie Hasson