A quick and easy asparagus appetizer to serve at your next party. Ingredients are minimal, preparation is fun - simply delicious!
- 1 or 2 cans of asparagus spears
- 1 loaf of fresh bread (my preference-whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup Nayonnaise or Veggie Mayo
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- olive oil, veggie butter
- Cut crust from bread and use a rolling pin to roll out and flatten each slice of bread.
- Mix mayo and ketchup together. Spread mixture on each slice of bread.
- Roll one spear of asparagus lengthwise in each slice.
- Brush each roll-up with either olive oil or melted veggie butter and place on cookie sheet.
- Broil under broiler until lightly browned.