The easiest banana cake to make, just right for using up those very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl! Its a good alternative to banana bread when you're looking for a sweet treat.
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup all natural sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of cinammon (to taste)
- dash of nutmeg (to taste)
- Peel and mash all bananas. Add melted margarine and mix thoroughly. Add all ingredients except 2 tablespoons of the sugar and all the flour. Once well incorporated, add flour, 1/2 cup at a time until batter reaches a paste like consistency. Pour into a lightly oiled 13x9 inch pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake is cooked all the way through.
Depending on humidity/altitude, you may need more or less flour, which is why it's good to only add 1/2 cup at a time. The 1 1/2 to 2 cups I listed above are just a rough estimate for the climate where I am.