Big Momma Freedom Chocolate Cake
If you're looking for a vegan chocolate cake that dark, rich, sexy and utterly delicious. The search is over thanks to this vegan chocolate cake with vegan chocolate frosting. It’s so rich and delicious, no one will suspect it’s dairy-free.
- 2-½ Cups spelt flour
- 2 Cups Sucanat
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1-½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 6 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 2-¼ Cups filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, raw
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- 2 C vegan chocolate chips
- 12.3 ounces silken firm tofu, or ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined 9"x13" pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- To make the frosting, place chocolate chips in a double boiler on medium heat until chips are melted, stirring frequently. Combine with remaining ingredients and blend or food process until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until thickened.
- Cool cake before frosting. Garnish with toasted coconut flakes, strawberries, toasted pecans and/or vegan chocolate chips.
Variations- Replace chocolate chips and cocoa powder with carob chips and carob powder.