Black Bean Burgers
This burgers are tasty, delicious, and hold together well.
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- fresh basil to taste - I usually use 2 to 3 large leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon oil - olive is preferrable
- Process black beans until they are in a chunky paste, but not pureed. Add everything except oil and and stir. Form into four burgers. Make sure your patties are in a shape that holds together well.
- Heat oil in skillet. Cook burgers about 4 minutes on each side. Serve.*
- Makes 4 burgers
If you wish you can bake the burgers instead of frying them. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook burgers (brushed with oil beforehand) on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven until they are cooked.