Blueberry Banana Smoothie
With the addition of tofu this fruty smoothie becomes a protein powerhouse. Choose a juice addition to complement the flavors and please your own taste.
- 1 medium banana, broken into several pieces
- 1 cup blueberries (organic, fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 6 to 8 ounces vanilla soy yogurt or crumbled silken tofu
- 1 cup white or red grape juice, or other juice of your choice
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed.
- Serve at once in tall glasses.
For lots more recipes and kitchen tips, visit Nava at In a Vegetarian Kitchen