Carob Fudge Dessert
Wonderful substitute for regular fudge, this is rich and creamy. You don't have to bake it. This fudge recipe will knock your socks off! Yum!
- 3/4 maple syrup
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla
- 1 teaspoon natural butterscotch (or any flavor you wish)
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (raw or salted)
- 1 cup sesame seeds (hulled or unhulled)
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Mix maple syrup, peanut butter and flavorings. Add carob powder and mix well.
- Add the 3 cups of seeds and nuts.
- Pour the mixture in an 8 x 8 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Refrigerate until firm.
These freeze very well and will keep at room temperature in the cooler weather, but I usually refrigerate in the summer.
3 cups of any seeds, nuts, quick oatmeal, crushed cereal, unsweetened coconut, crushed chow mein noodles can be used. My grandson loves the cherry flavored with cashew baby bits and walnuts.
All above ingredients can be purchased at a health food store.